As the economy continues to grow, more homeowners are looking to add value to their home. Here at Nova Remodelers, we’ve noticed that there are lot of people looking for high quality decks to not only improve their home’s value, but to add more entertainment options for summer parties. Here are some additional trends we’re seeing:
- There is a trend in more composite decks being built. Homeowners seeking a lower-maintenance deck option, are loving the idea that they won’t have to wash and seal their deck. Composite decks are also less likely to splinter, warp, and crack.
- Multi-level decks, which have been a growing trend with wood decks, are becoming more popular with homeowners who are building composite decks. Multi-level decks are different from multi-story decks; multi-story decks usually have two separate entertaining areas, whereas multi-level decks allow easy transition between the main decks and the different levels.
- Gray decks are gaining in popularity, due in no small part to being featured in home and garden tv shows. In response to this popularity, composite deck manufacturer Trex released a beautiful new gray color “Island Mist” last year.
- There’s been added interest in two-toned boards and patterns. With the release of additional colors from composite deck manufacturers, homeowners are able to create patterns and interest with multiple brown and gray hues.
- Following another trend in wood decks, composite deck builders are taking advantage of the malleability of their composite boards, and creating curved decks. They look great, and curved decks are so much easier to create with composite decking than with wood decking.
For more information from the premier Vienna deck builder, please contact Nova Remodelers. We have been building and maintaining beautiful and sturdy decks – composite and wood – for many years, and have a stellar reputation. Nova Remodelers is ready to help you select a type and color of decking you love, and work with you to build the deck of your dreams