Basements add space, function to your home, and can sometimes serve as shelter from severe weather conditions. While remodeling your basement can be a challenge, it will improve your home’s overall functionality and aesthetic value.
Are you planning to breathe new life to your home décor? Working on home remodeling projects makes for an ideal solution.
Remodeling your basement can be a challenge because many homeowners don’t take into account basement remodeling. Nova Remodelers is here to help. We provide extensive basement remodeling and renovation services. We can transform your basement into a vibrant living space. Follow these basement remodeling tips so you can be ready for your project: [Read more…]
People remodel their homes for various reasons. Some want to improve comfort and curb appeal, while others aim to improve home function. Many home upgrades result in these benefits, so it can be hard to choose which one you need to finish first. Nova Remodelers recommends these tips on prioritizing home projects: [Read more…]
While many people use their basement as a storage area, there are better ways to utilize this space. You can look at the basement as a blank canvas with limitless possibilities. Remodeling your basement will add a lot of floor space to your home and increase its functionality. Nova Remodelers provides basement renovations and remodeling services to transform your basement into a beautiful new room. Here are a few design ideas: [Read more…]
Hello and welcome to our blog section. Nova Remodelers is committed to providing homeowners with the best home remodeling and renovation projects in Fairfax and the surrounding areas. We have over a decade of experience, and in our upcoming blog posts, we’ll share this knowledge and expertise with you. In this inaugural blog post, we want to talk to you about our services and why it’s a great idea to work with us.
As the economy continues to grow, more homeowners are looking to add value to their home. Here at Nova Remodelers, we’ve noticed that there are lot of people looking for high quality decks to not only improve their home’s value, but to add more entertainment options for summer parties. Here are some additional trends we’re seeing:
- There is a trend in more composite decks being built. Homeowners seeking a lower-maintenance deck option, are loving the idea that they won’t have to wash and seal their deck. Composite decks are also less likely to splinter, warp, and crack.
- Multi-level decks, which have been a growing trend with wood decks, are becoming more popular with homeowners who are building composite decks. Multi-level decks are different from multi-story decks; multi-story decks usually have two separate entertaining areas, whereas multi-level decks allow easy transition between the main decks and the different levels.
- Gray decks are gaining in popularity, due in no small part to being featured in home and garden tv shows. In response to this popularity, composite deck manufacturer Trex released a beautiful new gray color “Island Mist” last year.
- There’s been added interest in two-toned boards and patterns. With the release of additional colors from composite deck manufacturers, homeowners are able to create patterns and interest with multiple brown and gray hues.
- Following another trend in wood decks, composite deck builders are taking advantage of the malleability of their composite boards, and creating curved decks. They look great, and curved decks are so much easier to create with composite decking than with wood decking.
For more information from the premier Vienna deck builder, please contact Nova Remodelers. We have been building and maintaining beautiful and sturdy decks – composite and wood – for many years, and have a stellar reputation. Nova Remodelers is ready to help you select a type and color of decking you love, and work with you to build the deck of your dreams
Guess who lists decks as a top ten must-have when searching for a home? Millennials, according to the National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) most recent housing study. What’s more, these young consumers (born 1980 or later) indicated a greater preference for outdoor amenities, specifically, front porch, patio, and deck, than did any other generation surveyed: Gen X’ers (born 1965 – 1979); Baby Boomers (born 1946 – 1964); or Seniors (born 1945 or earlier).
The older generations did include exterior features on their lists; however, concern regarding interior features increased as did the age of the homeowners surveyed. For example, while Gen Xer’s listed exterior lighting, front porch, and patio as preferred amenities, the baby boomers listed only exterior lighting and patio. Seniors named outdoor lighting is their top exterior priority.
Among the top interior features listed as must-haves: laundry rooms and Energy Star®-rated appliances. Get all the details here.
Source: NAHB Eye on Housing
If you’re considering adding a deck, patio, or porch to your home, consider low-maintenance, eco-friendly decks from Nova Remodelers today!